Pages

Monday 7 June 2010

Look at this great layout from........

Julene Matthews - Down


Hello Shazza, Here's my entry for the Artasic challenge this month.We recently lost a dear 80 year old white gum that has been in my family's yard for over 80 years.The day it came down was a big event involving 4 generations watching it being removed.The man who climbed the tree to cut the branches was amazingly agile.My layout has arrows pointing to him in the tree. I needed 2 photos to get the height all in the layout.There are 2 birds saying goodbye and the paper by stampit has falling gum leaves on it which I thought appropriate.The ovals on the other tree,the sqauares on the bingo card, plus the lean on the 2 trunks give it a geometric look I hope.

Hi Julene! Wow look how tall that gun tree has grown, I can barely see the agile man that climbed the tree to cut the branches down, he's the size of an ant compared to that tree. Its so sad to see it chopped down but I suppose it was going to cause problems and could come down anytime on something or someone. Love your birds and that gum tree pp was just perfect to use.
Great page! - Shazza

10 comments:

  1. wow, julene, this is amazing, and what an event to capture on camera,. love everything about this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... this is just amazing... what a huge tree. It is always sad when trees need to be taken down. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing photo Julene. I love your tree. It's just so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that's one brave monkey of a man. I love heights but I think climbing that massive tree would give me pause. Well done on the photo matching and great l/o.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow thats a tall tree.. great layout too (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate hearing about trees needing to come down but so glad you got a great pic of it and did a layout on it, Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea paying homage... and a great layout to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing tree, and it's a shame it had to come down. I also love your PP tree--too cute and your adorable birdies!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous LO, what a massive tree!!

    ReplyDelete