Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Lastly, heres a submission from our newest DT member...

Peggy Schenkels - Kind Eyes


This is a picture of my husband and our German Shepherd "Jenny", who passed away a little over 2 years now. We still miss her every day. My husband and Jenny had a special bond, which I think is truly visible in this picture.
Though I wasn't particularly fond of this month's painting, I did like the criteria and I do love the result of my LO, which goes to show you don't have to be a huge fan of a painting to draw inspiration from it.
I managed to cover all of the criteria ...
Family member and pet: check
Brown and orange shades: check ... I wouldn't have thought of adding these shades to this picture myself, but I do like this combination, and I was so excited to find this orangy cloud paper ... Just perfect!
Tropical plant: check ... Well, I don't think it's a tropical plant really, but pink leaves do look a bit tropical, no??? LOL. I cut out the leaves from a piece of fabric and hand stitched it to the page ... Love the result of fabric on a LO, I will have to do this more often.
I hope you like it Shazz.
Love Xxx Peggy

Hi Peggy!
This has turned out a treat!! What a great photo of your husband and Jenny :) I love your stitched fabric tropical plant, it looks fantastic!! The orangy cloud paper adds a nice touch. Great work Peg, as always lol - Cheers Shazza

11 comments:

  1. this is stunning peggy, im always amazed with your work, love this...and sooooooo glad you are on the dt team here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! love that photo!
    i love how youve bordered the photo with elements too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO, Peggy! Love your fabric technique, and that's a great photo of your DH and Jenny. Also, welcome to the DT fellow newbie!!!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Peggy, this is stunning, I just love everything, firstly that photo is just stunning, and I am so sorry for the loss of your dear 4 legged friend, I have a 14 yr old poodle so treasuring every day here too. Secondly, wow those stitched leaves are just super super gorgeous, and the work you have put into this is truly stunning. Good for you, your layout rocks. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely gorgeous LO Peggy. I just love pets and you have captured this gorgeous one so beautifully in this photo!
    Welcome~!!
    Shelee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous layout and you are right... this photo does show the special bond they shared. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awweee... what a great photo and showcased as it deserves soooo well on this LO! It all came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, Peggy, what an awesome moment you've captured here! Such a great treatment you've given that fabric, it looks so effective! The warmth here is dripping off the page :)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this LO Peggy. Fabulous, fabulous photo & I really love your handstitched leaves...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow- this one is the best!! love this yellow all around- great job!!

    ReplyDelete