Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

Welcome to May ...

Welcome to our challenge this month.  Some totally amazing entries last month - thank you so much for supporting us.  We have another wonderful inspirational artwork for you for May which I am sure you will all adore. We look forward to seeing how this artwork inspires you in your creative travels.




As a family business we strive to bring you all the latest from the Scrapbooking and Papercraft Industry, all our staff are very experienced and talented scrapbookers...We pride ourselves on great customer service, with a quick turn around of your orders of instock items.  We cater to both the online customers and through our store front at 10/335 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay.  We love nothing better than for everyone to drop in, have a coffee on us and browse and enjoy all the great scrapbooking products.
We also thank James from Alacraft and Julie from Time to Create for their continued support throughout this year.


This month in honour of Mother's Day which is celebrated in many countries around the world sometime during May, we present to you  Amarys by Robert Hagan.


Criteria - Mother and child

A little about Robert Hagan

"I’ve been pushing paint around for about 30 years and still enjoy every moment of it- so its still a hobby I guess. My boyhood was spent exploring the rainforests of the Tweed Valley in Australia while stepping around snakes that basked in the midday sun. School was as little bookwork as possible and moments of unconsciousness on the football field. A 16 hour steam train trip to the ‘big smoke’ and 4 years later I graduated from University with a bit of knowledge about history, economics and drinking. Painting started about the same time as I started working and it increasingly challenged the latter as the most relaxing and rewarding way forward. It finally took over and traveling the world followed. A number of great relationships later, 2 fabulous boys and painting in USA, the UK and Asia and the years slipped by. A few books about painting then a glancing shot at a TV series and I’m here!"

http://www.roberthagan.com/

and now onto some gorgeous pages from our very talented design team.  I'd also like to make mention that this will be team member Debi Clark's last month with us.  Debi has been with ARTastic for a very long time and been both a true inspiration and valued member of the team.  We'll miss you Debi, all the best.



I loved this gorgeous May inspiration and decided to use this photo of  my beautiful daughter Jade & I.  I have used flowers like I have never done before!


I really love this painting; the beauty of mother and daughter. I have scrapped a photo of my daughter and I enjoying a day at the park. I was inspired by the grass of the painting. I used spray mist for my background, first spraying in green for the grass then splattering drops of red and pink for the effect of flowers amongst the grass. I used texture paint for some of my flowers, doing some before misting and some after for 2 different effects. I added other flowers to my page by making lollipop flowers with pattern paper, fussy cutting some flowers and lastly using purchased flowers.


My take on May challenge... Mother and child. I loved that peaceful
look in the painting... and started looking for a peaceful photo taken outdoors.
This is what I came up with. Me and my son chatting in our garden a few
years ago. Love talking with my kids... they have so much wisdom to share.


My inspiration this month was the beautiful image. I have used my history filled image to reflect on how I feel as another Mother's Day passes without my mum.

DEB

I was inspired by the colours and beauty of the artwork.  I’ve painted the stamped flowers and flower lace with mists.

HELENE

The photo shows me and my daughter. She tells me every day that she loves me more than space (lucky me!). I am not allowed to respond with the same words so I answer that I love her more than universe. I wanted to save it to the future so I wrote it in two speech bubbles.


Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on May 31st, 2014. We'd love to see your new paper, digital, or off the page entries.  Please no back-dated submissions.  You may combine with a sketch and/or colour/technique challenge and international entries are always welcome.   Remember we are Australian based so you need to allow for the different time zones - if in doubt check our clock.  

Please pop back on the 8th for The ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques brought to you this month by the team member Helene Bogren.  Helen does some amazing work and I am sure her tutorial will inspire you.












3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely painting, Lovely layouts ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mothers Day inspiration - I love it.
    Gorgeous LO's gals...wow!

    ReplyDelete